Similar People Never Together

Have you ever looked at a person, and thought to yourself, he/she looks a lot like some one else you either know, or know of, or have seen on TV or something?  We all have.  Sometimes on a daily basis. Now - have you ever seen that person you are looking at, in the same place with the person they look like?  Never.

Why is that?  I have no idea.  I just know that it happens, in some sort of cosmic order of the way life works.  Or something like that. I just find it kind of incredible. Just about everyone you look at on the street, in a car, at school, whatever - reminds you of someone else.  Its almost like there is a finite amount of "human specimens".  The idea that no two people look alike is true, but an awful lot of people sure do seem to fit into a mold of someone you've seen before. But the bigger mystery to me is, no two of the that same mold are EVER in the same place at the same time.  Conspiracy?  A flaw in God's creation of humans?  Did he run out of human templates?

Seriously - tomorrow go out and look at a few people.  Tell me that at least half of them aren't a person "type" you've seen before. Or, maybe just the same exact mouth or eyes of someone else. Its almost as if similar looking people have to, in some way, be related.  Like the same ancient ancestors from 500 years ago, totally separated by time and circumstance, have their family tree winding up with offspring in the same city.  The planet isn't that big, so why not?

But I still don't understand, and have no reason why I can't seem to EVER find two person types in the same dang place!  I'm at the DMV getting a new registration.  I see dozens of impatient people waiting line.  Many of them look like someone else I know, or don't know.  One could look like a Starbucks employee from this morning.  Another could totally remind of some bit part actor on a TV show last night.  But are any of these similars at the DMV at the same time?  Not a chance!  Is that freaking weird, or what?  Please don't tell me I'm alone in this and delusional.  I think I'm at a point where I see similars in everyone.  Am I unknowingly uncovering a Matrix-like fluke in the universe?  I'm only half kidding.  But I see so few "unique" people, it kind of freaks me out.

Comments

Popular Posts